Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't let the name deceive you - This is very easy, no misery involved! I love Polish food but it is usually high in salt or fat, so I don't make it very often (unfortunately!). This is a very refreshing side dish, especially during the hot summer months. * You can substitute lemon juice for the vinegar and dried dill for the fresh, if you need to.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 7.39 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml dill
- Place cucumbers in a medium bowl.
- Add salt.
- Mix lightly until salt adheres evenly to cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Drain juice from limp cucumbers.
- In a small bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients.
- Add to cucumbers, mixing gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I wanted to try this version of cucumber salad with dill and without the onions I usually put in it. I liked it alot.
Simple and delicious. I will make it again. We used Daisy light sour cream.