Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from a friend from Louisiana, Sandra Chatallier.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw whole cleaned shrimp
- 1 cup diced tasso
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped liquid reserved
- 1 cup raw rice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup water, including tomato liquid
- cayenne pepper
- Saute onion, green pepper, celery, garlic in melted butter Add shrimp and ham and saute about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, add seasoning and liquid.
- Bring to a boil cover and simmer until rice is done.