Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Known as little meats in spanish this recipe is the tried and true one that you will love. The meat is tender and juicy in the inside but crispy and tasty on the outside. I serve this either smothered in green chile as a main course or in tacos. It can even be rolled up in tortillas and fried to make flautas.
- Place all ingredients in a large pot. Fill the pot with water just until the roast is covered in liquid.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours covered.
- Take the roast out of the stock once it is fork tender. Remove the bone and break the meat into 1 inch chunks keeping the fat attached to the pieces.
- Lay the pieces flat on a baking sheet and bake on 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the pieces are golden brown.
- You can shred or cut the meat and serve as a filling for tacos, enchiladas, on a salad or in flautas. Or, keep the meat in chunks and smother with green chile.
I love Mexican food and I make this out of curiosity. It was...,Very Good!! I cooked mine in the crockpot and after I shredded it, I returned it back inside the crockpot to soaked up the sauce. My husband liked it and so do I :). I served this with your salvadorean rice. I bet this is very good in stuffing burrito. Thank you for posting tiny_toodles, We enjoyed this very much.