Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those who love the traditional flavor of carne asada instead of the fast food attempt, you'll love this recipe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (or steak of choice)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- whisk together ingredients and pour over steak.
- Marinade, covered for 1 to 8 hours.
- cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Serve with flour or corn tortillas and choice of salsa.
This was really Yummy, I'm back for a second time to make it again!
The second time I prepared this, I used eye of round and sliced it against the grain before marinating. I think it ended up having even more flavor that way.