Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an Aussie classic. This recipe was printed in a christmas card. Serve scones warm with butter......mmmmmmm! Prep/cooking time does not include time to prepare cooked pumpkin Yield is a guess, it would greatly depend on the size of scone you make
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and lightly press dough down to approximately 2 cm thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a scone cutter (or use a small, clean empty tin).
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a hot oven for approx 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
I followed the recipe exactly and these turned out very heavy, not scone like at all. They didn't have much flavor either. I don't know how to fix it - probably will not make these again.
I don't know what went wrong with this recipe, I found it was much too liquid and I ended up almost doubling the amount of flour to get the right consistency. Possibly the type of cream used would make a differenc, I will try again with these measurements and see if it was my mistake.