Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and creamy side dish, great with Grilled Pork chops or BBQ'd Chicken.
Make and share this Aunt Donna's Tomato, Cheese and Macaroni Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add beaten Eggs and Evaporated Milk to the cooked Macaroni and slowly bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Continue cooking on med. heat until thick and creamy, about 6 to 8 minute
- Remove from heat and add drained Rotel tomatoes, Tomato soup (do not dilute soup) and the cooked Onions.
- Next add the Monterey Jack Cheese and mix well.
- Pour Mixture into a greased or sprayed casserole dish, Cover and bake for 20 minute.
- Last remove Casserole from the oven and add Cheddar cheese.
- Return Casserole to the oven uncovered and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Option - I sometimes add diced Mushrooms to this recipe and it's even better! Enjoy!
Made this dish last nite and it was a hit. Easy to make too. <br/>This recipe makes a ton of food. Good for at least 10 hungry eaters. <br/>I added some chipotle puree to spice things up, as well as some minced onions.<br/>Not very healthy dish but we served it with a nice side salad and bread.<br/><br/>Thanks for posting Donna!!
Made this yesterday for the hubby and myself. Anything with macaroni and cheese and tomatoes in it is delicious! Glad I found this recipe, we love vidalias!