Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and creamy side dish, great with Grilled Pork chops or BBQ'd Chicken.
- 4 cups macaroni, cooked
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup vidalia onion, onions diced and sauteed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (Mild version)
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup (concentrated)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add beaten Eggs and Evaporated Milk to the cooked Macaroni and slowly bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Continue cooking on med. heat until thick and creamy, about 6 to 8 minute
- Remove from heat and add drained Rotel tomatoes, Tomato soup (do not dilute soup) and the cooked Onions.
- Next add the Monterey Jack Cheese and mix well.
- Pour Mixture into a greased or sprayed casserole dish, Cover and bake for 20 minute.
- Last remove Casserole from the oven and add Cheddar cheese.
- Return Casserole to the oven uncovered and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Option - I sometimes add diced Mushrooms to this recipe and it's even better! Enjoy!
Made this dish last nite and it was a hit. Easy to make too. <br/>This recipe makes a ton of food. Good for at least 10 hungry eaters. <br/>I added some chipotle puree to spice things up, as well as some minced onions.<br/>Not very healthy dish but we served it with a nice side salad and bread.<br/><br/>Thanks for posting Donna!!
Made this yesterday for the hubby and myself. Anything with macaroni and cheese and tomatoes in it is delicious! Glad I found this recipe, we love vidalias!