Cook1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Au Gratin Taco Bake recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in the potatoes and contents of sauce mix, corn, tomatoes, milk, water and taco seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I thought this was pretty tasty. The only differences were that I used diced tomatoes and some tomato sauce instead of stewed tomatoes, ground turkey instead of beef and I added kidney beans. I also screwed up and dumped a packet of fajita seasoning into the mix instead of taco seasoning but it was FANTASTIC. I also agree with a previous review that this should be stirred halfway through baking to make sure that the potatoes cook through. But, all in all, everyone in the house loved it. We'll be making it again!
This was easy to throw together however not the most beautiful looking dish. I subbed black beans for the meat to make this a vegetarian dish and omitted the extra cheese to make it healthier. Not a wow but definitely did the job of filling my husband up. Thanks!
Delicious! This is really yummy and quick to make when you don't have a lot of time. Made for Gimme 5 Tag.