Recipe by bmcnichol
Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
I thought this was pretty tasty. The only differences were that I used diced tomatoes and some tomato sauce instead of stewed tomatoes, ground turkey instead of beef and I added kidney beans. I also screwed up and dumped a packet of fajita seasoning into the mix instead of taco seasoning but it was FANTASTIC. I also agree with a previous review that this should be stirred halfway through baking to make sure that the potatoes cook through. But, all in all, everyone in the house loved it. We'll be making it again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Stir in the potatoes and contents of sauce mix, corn, tomatoes, milk, water and taco seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.