1/2 Photos of Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts
Another one of my Favorites, I found this on the internet a couple years ago on another site and I have stayed pretty true to the recipe. I have turned on quite a few to Brussels Sprouts in the proccess also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts or 20 ounces frozen Brussels sprouts, trim and rinse if using fresh
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook Brussels sprouts until tender in boiling salted water.
- 2Drain well and place in shallow baking dish.
- 3Make a thick sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan.
- 4Add flour and salt.
- 5Cook a minute or so.
- 6Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk and sour cream.
- 7Return to heat and cook until thickened but not boiling.
- 8Stir in Parmesan cheese and pour over the sprouts.
- 9Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- 10Place in hot oven or broiler to melt cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 316.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g