Recipe by Nicole W
These bowls are a slightly healthier version of the KFC bowls. I take them to work for lunch and eat them at home. This is a great way to use left-over mashed potatoes! If you already have mashed potatoes, skip to step 5. Amounts of ingredients in the bowls should be adjusted for personal preference.
- 4 small potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (I like colby jack)
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 24 -36 pieces cooked popcorn chicken
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, boil 6-8 cups water.
- Cut potatoes into cubes, add to boiling water.
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Drain potatoes, add milk and use electric beaters to 'mash' the potatoes.
- Prepare brown gravy according to package instructions.
- Heat popcorn chicken in toaster oven, oven or microwave.
- Layer: 1 cup mashed potatoes, 1/8 cup corn, 1/8 cup cheese, 10-12 pieces of popcorn chicken, gravy as desired.