Recipe by Hey Jude
This dish is a marriage of some of my favorite flavors....asparagus, tomatillos, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Different and delicious, easy.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatillos, husked,cored and finely diced
- 1 small italian tomato, cored and finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- lemon wedge
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off and discard tough ends of the asparagus, rinse them well.
- In a deep, wide frying pan, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil over high heat, add asparagus and cook, uncovered, until just barely tender when pierced, about 3-5 minutes; drain and immerse in ice water; when cool, drain again, then arrange equal portions on each of 4 salad plates, or arrange all on a serving platter.
- In a bowl, mix oil, tomatillos, and tomato; evenly spoon over asparagus; sprinkle with cheese, garnish with lemon wedges, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve!