1/1 Photo of Asparagus With Toasted Almonds
Dominick & Amanda's Note:
The almonds give a nice crunch to this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Snap off and discard the ends of the asparagus. Cut trimmed asparagus spears on a diagonal into 2-inch-long pieces.
- 3Cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 4Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium-heat. Add almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted (abour 3 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- 6Heat oil and garlic together in a large skillet over medium heat until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minute Add asparagus and cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in almonds. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g