- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim woody ends from asparagus.
- Place the asparagus in a large frying pan with about 1 inch of boiling water.
- Cover with lid and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until the asparagus is tender but still firm.
- Drain well.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a warmed serving dish.
- Make the tarragon butter by creaming together the remaining ingredients; heat it gently and pour over asparagus.
- Serve at once.