Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- Trim woody ends from asparagus.
- Place the asparagus in a large frying pan with about 1 inch of boiling water.
- Cover with lid and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until the asparagus is tender but still firm.
- Drain well.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a warmed serving dish.
- Make the tarragon butter by creaming together the remaining ingredients; heat it gently and pour over asparagus.
- Serve at once.
well Evie*, this was some of the best asparagus we've had for a while!! the butter, lemon, parsley and tarragon were a lovely combination of flavours. We very much enjoyed it and my friend had to have the recipe. Thank-you for sharing!!
Evie*, this is so delicious and easy! My husband raved about it. I didn't have softened butter to 'cream' the ingredients, so I melted the butter gently, then added the rest of the ingredients and poured over the asparagus. Worked like a charm. And the tarragon butter can be made ahead of time and even frozen for future use. I would use it on all kinds of things! Thanks Evie* ! I love this kind of recipe!