Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nutmeg butter on asparagus spears- you'll never want to boil your asparagus again! And its low-carb too. What could be better? From McCormick Recipes.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Mix nutmeg, garlic salt, and pepper into melted butter.
- Wash and break asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle with oil and roll around to coat evenly.
- Broil asparagus 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once.
- Place in a serving dish and pour seasoned butter over asparagus.
- (Garnish with nuts, if desired.).
What a great change from steamed asparagus! Went very well with lamb at Christmas dinner! I used toasted pecan pieces instead of pine nuts. Thanks for posting!
When I combined the melted butter with the nutmeg, pepper and garlic salt, I knew that we had a winner. The aroma was great and the flavor was even better. We love roasted asparagus, but this raises it up a notch. We served it with Champagne Chicken (Champagne Chicken) and Brown Rice (Brown Rice Perfection). It was a perfect me...I just wish we had more asparagus. Thanks for posting.
We had this with our ham, for Easter dinner and everyone loved it. I had to broil my asparagus a bit longer, about 3-4 minutes more, as they were pretty thick. I snapped and peeled them before proceeding with the rest of the recipe and I did use the pine nuts and they add lots to the results. My family and I really loved this way of preparing asparagas and I plan on doing it this way in the future. Thanks Alijen, great recipe! :)