Recipe by alijen
Nutmeg butter on asparagus spears- you'll never want to boil your asparagus again! And its low-carb too. What could be better? From McCormick Recipes.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 30 medium fresh asparagus spears (about 2 bunches)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your broiler.
- Mix nutmeg, garlic salt, and pepper into melted butter.
- Wash and break asparagus.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking pan lined with foil.
- Drizzle with oil and roll around to coat evenly.
- Broil asparagus 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning once.
- Place in a serving dish and pour seasoned butter over asparagus.
- (Garnish with nuts, if desired.).