Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy asparagus side dish. I also have used canned asparagus in this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Steam asparagus for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Combine the water, soy sauce, oil, salt and pepper and drizzle over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was very good, but I think next time, I may put all of the ingredients in a stir fry pan and fast fry the asparagus. Neither DH or I liked the texture of the steamed asparagus and the sauce kid-of just dripped off onto the place. But with that said, the flavor of the sauce was great and we both enjoyed the flavor. Just a little change in the cooking method for us next time.
For the dressing, I used only 2 tablespoon of water. I thought it was too much liquid. I omitted the salt and pepper. This is very good and different side dish. Thanks Bonnette :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag.