1/1 Photo of Asparagus With Proscuitto Chips
Proscuitto is roasted until crisp in the oven and sprinkled over chopped asparagus. Adapted from "Real Simple" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place proscuitto, in a single layer, on baking sheet and roast until crisp, about 8-10 minutes; transfer to a plate to cool.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; add asparagus and cook until tender, 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness).
- 4Drain asparagus and plunge into an ice water bath; drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces; place in a serving bowl and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- 6Break proscuitto into pieces and sprinkle over asparagus.
- 7NOTE: You can also just break the proscuitto into pieces and pan fry a few minutes. Remove when they start to crisp, then saute asparagus, with oil, in the pan. Seems easier this way if you want to make less than the full recipe. However, I recommend making the whole recipe because it is so good.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Proscuitto Chips
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: