Recipe by CountryLady
I love the spring when fresh asparagus is available! This recipe is from "Come For Dinner" by Leslie Revsin.
Top Review by PaulaG
I skipped the first step and mixed everything in the skillet. It cooded crisp tender in 15 minutes. I brought the pan juices to a boil and boiled down a few minutes before adding the lemon juice. Everyone thought it was a wonderful recipe and as usual the directions were wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I am sure I will do make this again.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄4 lbs asparagus, woody ends removed
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped (or 2 1/4 tsp dried mint)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix parsley, garlic& oil in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add asparagus& mix to ensure that all stalks are covered with oil mixture.
- Place asparagus into a skillet large enough for the asparagus to lie flat in no more than 2 layers.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Cover& cook over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Reduce heat to low& simmer until asparagus is tender but not mushy, 10- 20 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter& sprinkle mint over top.
- Stir lemon juice into the pan juices, season to taste& pour over asparagus.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.