Recipe by Oolala
From Sally H. Hunt's "Easy Diabetic, Cooking with 4 Ingredients." This sounds good for anyone. No artificial ingredients here. Net carbs 3 g, calories 26., fiber 2 g, Fat - less than 1 g. Serving size is 1/2 cup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, washed, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- cooking spray
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick large skillet, or Dutch oven, heat 1/3 cup of water until it boils.
- Add asparagus, cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Uncover and continue to boil about 1-2 minutes until water evaporates. Do not overcook.
- Remove asparagus and keep warm.
- Spray dry skillet with cooking oil and add garlic and basil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and season to taste with pepper.
- Pour sauce over asparagus and serve immediately.