Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great recipe for asparagus. The recipe was created for the Stockon CA. Asparagus Festival and comes from KCRA TV.
- Clean and snap ends off of asparagus, Cook asparagus.
- While asparagus is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cream and fontina cheese.
- Cook, stirring until the cheese melts and the cream has thickened and reduced by half--1 to 2 minutes.
- Season slightly with salt.
- Drain the asparagus and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place asparagus on platter, spoon on cream sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve at once.
A nice fancy way to serve asparagus if you are having dinner guests. I steamed fresh asparagus and drizzled this sauce over it, serving while hot. I think the cheese gives this dish enough salt flavor, but it was fine with a bit added also. This was rich and tasty - a real treat. Thanks for posting!