Barb Gertz's Note:
Another great recipe for asparagus. The recipe was created for the Stockon CA. Asparagus Festival and comes from KCRA TV.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and snap ends off of asparagus, Cook asparagus.
- 2While asparagus is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- 3Melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the cream and fontina cheese.
- 5Cook, stirring until the cheese melts and the cream has thickened and reduced by half--1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Season slightly with salt.
- 7Drain the asparagus and pat dry with paper towels.
- 8Place asparagus on platter, spoon on cream sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus with Fontina and Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.0 g