Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
To dress up any meal
- 2 lemons (juice of)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs young tender fresh asparagus
- Whisk together the lemon juice, chervil, and egg yolk in a bowl.
- Gradually add oil and whisk the whole time until creamy and smooth.
- Cover and chill (whisk just before serving).
- Trim asparagus of fibrous ends, and steam until tender/crisp and bright green.
- Remove to a colander and stop cooking with running cold water and they are cooled.
- Drain and chill until serving time.
- Serve; arrange spears on a plate and drizzle dressing over them.