Recipe by JanuaryBride
Supposedly this easy side dish is vegetarian, low fat, low sodium, low carb, and heart healthy. They say it goes well with a grilled cheese or a grilled salmon. . .it truly works with a lot of different dishes. Recipe from Eating Well and placed here for safe keeping!
Top Review by momaphet
This was a simple and tasty side dish I served with Salmon Tika. I used my cast iron frying pan and kicked up the heat to give the asparagus a little bit of char. The lemon and curry are great together. Made for ZWT by one of The Wild Bunch.
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml curry powder (see Tip)
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 453.59 g asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, curry powder, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl, creating a curry butter.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the curry butter into the asparagus; toss to coat and serve.