Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
this recipe is from quick & easy magazine and makes a great weeknight salad
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 leaf lettuce
- cook asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes (or cook in micro for 1 minute) drain and put in serving plate.
- add mushrooms.
- stir oj, water, oil, vinegar, salt& pepper in a small bowl.
- pour half of the dressing over asparagus and mushrooms.
- line 6 plates with lettuce top with asparagus mushroom mixture, add cherry tomatoes drizzle with reserved dressing.
Good asparagus Chia!!I didn't have any orange concentrate so I used fresh and I cut down on the oil to 1/4 cup other than that I did as instructed. We loved it, surprized how well the orange went with the asparagus and mushrooms. I did add some orange zest from the oranges I used. We made the whole recipe and ate half of it tonight and will finish it for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
This was lovely! So tasty that two of us ate the whole thing, along with a little pasta salad, for a light summer lunch. We were pleasantly surprised by the combination of orange with the other flavours in this dish. I did cut way back on the amount of oil though -- to about 1/8 cup -- to make it healthier. Even with the small amount of oil, we still had tons of dressing left over. I think you could halve the liquids and have just about the right amount, if you don't want a lot of juice.