Recipe by Starrynews
I found this on the back of a tag for the Majesty asparagus I had picked up at the market. It was really enjoyable, and so easy to prepare, so I thought I ought to share! I used my blender, so I roughly chopped some of the bigger ingredients (asparagus, pecans) before putting them in, but from what I have heard of the mightiness of the food processor, you might be good to go without doing so. Use your knowledge of your tools to decide how you want to approach it :) I have also successfully served this over gluten free pasta (brown rice penne).
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, roughly chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves or 3 a dash dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, raw
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. When ready, drain and then toss with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, combine asparagus, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, pecans, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve asparagus pesto over prepared pasta.