Recipe by MathMom.calif
Adapted from Heidi Swanson, cookbook author. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks awfully good. Serve atop pasta, on baguettes, or over pizza or potatoes. Makes enough for 8 ounces dried pasta or 12 ounces fresh.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the asparagus for 2 or 3 minutes, until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Rinse asparagus under cool water to stop the cooking.
- Add asparagus, spinach, garlic, parmesan and pine nuts to a food processor. Puree.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in 1/4 cup of oil to form a paste.
- Add lemon juice and salt.