1/1 Photo of Asian Shrimp and Crab Cakes
Have not tried this yet but after a recent trip to the east coast I fell in love with crab cakes and this looks like an amazing variation! Originally from epicurious.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons bottled Thai fish sauce (nam pla) or 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 ounces canned crabmeat, drained, picked over, patted dry
- 3 ounces bay shrimp, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless french bread or 1 1/2 cups storebought breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1Blend first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- 2Mix in crabmeat, shrimp and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- 3Season with pepper.
- 4Place remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs on plate.
- 5Drop 1/4 of crab mixture into breadcrumbs; turn to coat.
- 6Shape into 2 1/2-inch-diameter cake.
- 7Repeat coating and shaping with remaining crab mixture and crumbs, forming total of 4 cakes.
- 8Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add cakes and sauté until crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Shrimp and Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.2
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 144.0 mg
- Sodium 1643.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 37.4 g