Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 large Asian pear
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted walnut halves
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
- Trim stalks and any discolored areas from fennel bulb. Cut bulb in half lengthwise, lay a flat side on a work surface, and cut into very thin slices.
- Repeat with other half and set slices aside.
- Cut pear into quarters and scoop out cores. Peel quarters and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Set aside.
- Whisk together walnut oil, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl. Taste and add more salt if you like.
- Arrange fennel slices and pear slices on 4 salad plates. Drizzle each plate with 1 tablespoons dressing.
- Arrange walnuts and parmesan on top. Serve immediately.