Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Nakano on allrecipes.com
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 4 teaspoons wasabi powder, prepared according to label
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- Combine marinade ingredients in large zip top bag. Score flank steak on both sides and add to bag. Press out excess air. Refrigerate 8-12 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill steak with lid closed 14-16 minutes, until done to your taste. Let rest, tented with foil, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare wasabi according to label. Add rice vinegar until it achieves the consistency of a thin mustard.
- Slice the flank steak thinly across the grain. Serve with tangy wasabi.