Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I cut this out of a book I was reading because it looked so very good. Its easy to prepare and I served it with rice and broccoli.
- 4 pork chops
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml dry sherry or 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml hoisin sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of chops with seasoning.
- Coat frying pan with oil and set over med high heat.
- When hot add chops and reduce heat to medium and cook until golden about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chops to a plate.
- Pour sherry or water into pan and using a wooden spoon scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in hoisin sauce (it may not dissolve completely).
- Return chops to pan, cover and reduce heat to med low.
- Simmer and turn the chops and stir the sauce occasionally until pork is firm about 5 minutes.
- Place chops on plate and pour the pan sauce over and top with green onion.
This is a fun recipe I would make again. The sauce has more complexity in flavor than the few ingredients would suggest and paired perfectly with the pork chops. (I used the sherry option). The cooking time needed to be increased, but it may have been the large chops I used. I simmer them around 20 minutes and they were fork tender. Made for ZWT6.
This recipee was excxellent. I would definitly make sure to use the green onions. I have a sort of large family all over 6 feet tall and we were still a little hungry after the four pork chops so in the future I might double the recipe to eight pork chops. Still an excellent recipe.
These chops were very good and so simple to make. I will def. be making these again. Make sure you use the green onions, because they add that little extra flavor! So Good.