Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this vinegar in Thai and Chinese stir fry dishes or noodle dishes that call for plain rice vinegar or as a marinade for cucumbers.
- 236.59 ml rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml coriander seed
- 4.92 ml whole cloves
- 4.92 ml star anise, pieces
- 4.92 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
- 4.92 ml pink peppercorns
- 5 fresh cilantro stems
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Pour into a wide-mouth jar; cover and let stand for 2 weeks in a cool, dark place, gently shaking jar occasionally.
- Strain the vinegar mixture through a cheesecloth lined sieve into a glass measure or medium bowl; discard solids.
- Cut 1 strip from rind of lemon; cut into very thin slices to equal 1 teaspoon. Pour vinegar into a decorative bottle.
- Add pink peppercorns, lemon rind strips, and cilantro.
- Seal with a cork or other airtight lid; store in a cool, dark place.
Great vinegar! Used it to marinate some asparagus for a lunch salad. The only thing I would do differently is make more than 1 cup at a time :) I think it would be good in an Asian marinade for chicken also. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.