A healthier version of your favorite take-out rice! Tasty and easy to put together.
Make and share this Asian Edamame Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 egg whites, scrambled
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- cooking spray
- 1 cup edamame, ready-to-eat shelled
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (tamari for gluten free, (or more)
- salt and fresh pepper
- Whisk eggs and egg whites, season with salt and pepper. In a hot wok, spray a little oil and cook the eggs. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Let the wok get really hot. Add oil and cook onions, scallion whites, carrots and garlic for about 30-60 seconds, careful not to burn. Add brown rice and stir well a few minutes to heat through. Add cooked egg along with soy sauce, scallion greens and edamame, mixing well for about 3-4 minutes.
This is my new go-to fried rice recipe! Healthy and flavorful and the big bonus, DH loved it too (edamame and all)! There is nothing I would change about it! Going into my Best OF cookbook!! Made for Spring Photo Tag.
Great rice - we loved the addition of the edamame; very nice touch. Thanks for sharing! ZWT9
This is a delicious fried rice dish -- flavorful and it makes a really nice presentation. Made as directed using organic edamame and one small addition -- I served a little sesame oil on top. Served this with Asian lettuce wraps and what a wonderful meal it made. Made for ZWT9.