Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from a popular authentic Asian restaurant in San Fransisco, California This makes a big amount of sauce, but it can be scaled down to meet requirements, or it will store nicely in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Top Review by LaurelAnn
Great sauce! I also served with Easy Szechuan Style Linguine Noodles (#155974). As I had some left in my refrigerator, I used the sauce as a chicken marinade and served over jasmine rice with grilled mushrooms - delicious!
- 2 1⁄4 quarts cider vinegar
- 22 ounces honey
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 3⁄4 cup fresh minced ginger
- 2⁄3 cup asian garlic and red chile paste (or 2/3 cup chili-garlic sauce)
- 10 ounces sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the sesame oil; stir to mix thoroughly.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly drizzle in sesame oil while whisking sauce to combine Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Whisk again before serving to combine ingredients.