Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I had this recipe cut out of one of the Chicago papers, and have waiting to try this. Since the kids were home, and I volunteered at the hospital, this was a perfect time for it, since the cooking times do vary. Ended up a nice, savory meal.
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- Combine all ingredients except the nuts in a slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on low 4-9 hours or on high for 2-3 hours (I cooked mine on low for 6 hours).
- Stir in cashew nuts, before serving.
- Serve over white rice.6.
My hubby said it reminded him of the "Chinese" casserole his mom prepared. I used fresh mushrooms and totally failed to notice the recipe was intended for the crock-pot until I was preparing dinner. I sauted the veggies and then mixed everything and baked at 325 degrees until hot and bubbly. I stirred in half of the cashews and used the rest to top the casserole. My stars are for what I ended up with. So sorry about not following the cooking instructions!