Recipe by HM in Canada
A sweet-tasting salmon dish that can be cooked on the grill for a smokey taste, or in the oven for a warm comfort-food feeling.
- 1 large salmon fillet
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- cracked peppercorn
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, red wine and basil together.
- Put salmon fillet into a plastic bag, and pour the marinade over the salmon.
- Refrigerate for 4 or 5 hours.
- Remove salmon fillet from the marinade and place on a baking sheet with foil. Coat the top of the fillet with a thick layer of cracked pepper corns, and wrap the fillet tightly with the foil.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or place on a grill and cook on low for up to 25 minutes.