Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
The best of both worlds in one dish!! This stuff I could eat with a spoon!! It is great on pizza, fish, pasta, chicken....you name it this could top it!!
- 1 bunch arugula leaf (1 cup)
- 1 bunch basil leaves (1 cup)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (or slivered almonds)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, chop the arugula, basil, and garlic cloves.
- Slowly add the olive oil to create a loose paste.
- Add the pine nuts or almonds and the Parmesan cheese and blend again.
- Add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes and salt to taste, blend to combine.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pesto. Putting a layer of olive oil seems to help also.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.