Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Light recipe and something else to do with fresh artichokes besides stuff them.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 clove garlic
- chili flakes
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon thyme
- 14.79 ml fresh chives
- 2 large globe artichokes, halved trimmed,choke removed
- water, enough to steam artichokes
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add butter and oil.
- Sauté onions, garlic, chile, and herbs, reduce heat, making sure garlic doesn't burn.
- Once oil is infused, place artichoke, heart side down, into oil.
- Sauté for a few minutes, and then add enough water to steam them.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Steam artichokes gently for up to 2 hours, or until flesh removes from leaves easily.
- More water will need to be added to the pan periodically.
- Serve with lemon-garlic-butter for dipping.
My artichokes took a little over 2 hours before the flesh removed easily from the leaves. They looked gorgeous and were very flavorful. I served with some garlic butter with a bit of the drippings from my skillet added. This recipe didn't deliver as much flavor as I thought it would, but it could have been my artichokes....who knows? Overall, a nice recipe. Thanks for sharing.