Recipe by Suzzzie
This is a recipe I got from a friend of mine. I made it as my contribution for Thanksgiving dinner last year and everyone really liked it.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut artichoke hearts into thin slices.
- Saute with garlic in butter until tender.
- Remove artichokes to a shallow baking dish.
- Stir seasonings and flour into remaining butter.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly add liquid to egg and 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over artichoke hearts
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup swiss cheese, Crumbs, and paprika.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serves 6.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.