I had such a hard time finding instructions on how to make plain artichokes, I thought that I would share. This is no thriller, but it is basic.
My Private Note
- 1In a large non reactive mixing bowl combine lemon juice and 6 cups water.
- 2Pour remaining water into large pot and bring to boil.
- 3You will need a steaming basket.
- 4To prepare artichokes ONE AT A TIME cut off stems, peel off outer leaves until yellow leaves show, cut off top 1 inch so that you can see the inner flower, place in bowl.
- 5(This keeps them from turning brown) When all are prepared, put them in steamer basket over pot and cover.
- 6They are done when fork tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichokes 101
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 129.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g