Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had such a hard time finding instructions on how to make plain artichokes, I thought that I would share. This is no thriller, but it is basic.
- In a large non reactive mixing bowl combine lemon juice and 6 cups water.
- Pour remaining water into large pot and bring to boil.
- You will need a steaming basket.
- To prepare artichokes ONE AT A TIME cut off stems, peel off outer leaves until yellow leaves show, cut off top 1 inch so that you can see the inner flower, place in bowl.
- (This keeps them from turning brown) When all are prepared, put them in steamer basket over pot and cover.
- They are done when fork tender.