Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Too bad I'm the only one in my house that likes artichokes.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion top
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
- Stir together cream cheese and green onion tops, blending well; set aside.
- Stir together artichoke hearts and next 5 ingredients.
- Spread one-third of cream cheese mixture on bottom of a 4-cup glass bowl lined with plastic wrap.
- Layer with half of chopped roasted bell peppers, 3/4 cup artichoke mixture, and one-third of cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining chopped roasted bell peppers, artichoke mixture, and cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Invert onto a serving plate, and remove plastic wrap. Serve over lettuce with bread slices and bell pepper strips. Garnish, if desired.
Have this same recipe from SL December 2004. Really good! Can make ahead of time. I always add a bit more green onions, parmesan and roasted red pepper. Glad to see it's posted here. Better if it can chill for at least 8 hours to allow the flavors to meld together. Great appetizer! Note: takes longer than the listed 10 minutes to make, but worth it.
This was a lovely recipe which I followed to the letter. I put it in a small mould and decorated it with cucumber slices and strips of red pepper. It looked wonderful and tasted wonderful. My only comment was that the recipe didn't have any added salt and I felt a tiny bit would have made this even better.