Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe dresses up store bought focaccia and is presented layered with a gooey cheese filling. Taken from the BH&G magazine.
- Split focaccia (to make a top and bottom, like a sandwich).
- Place focaccia in a warm oven and heat just until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim and discard rind from cheese; cut cheese into large pieces.
- Place in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds or until cheese begins to melt.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and bacon.
- Microwave cheese mixture on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once or twice.
- Spread mixture on focaccia bottom.
- Place focaccia top over mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut into 4 x 1 inch strips or wedges. Garnish with rosemary if desired.