Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Italy. Time does not include chilling time.
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 lb asparagus
- salt water
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- 1⁄4 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Drain and chill artichokes.
- Break off tough ends of asparagus and cut into 3 inch pieces. Cook in lightly salted water until bright green and tender. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove asparagus from the water reserving 2 tablespoons of asparagus water. Drain asparagus well on paper towel and chill.
- Right before serving. Whip cream and fold in mayo. Add chilled asparagus water to taste.
- Chop egg and add to cream mixture. Pour dressing over asparagus. Add artichoke hearts and mix gently.
Wow, this is wonderful, I followed this exactly, except adding some diced egg to the top. Loved this, and was so tasty chilled, the artichoke added a whole new dimension. I used our garden asparagus and what a lovely taste for the end of the day. Made for ZWT 7