Recipe by Nupur B.
Deep fired Mozrella cheese stuffed inside tikkis made out of boiled, mashed arbis mixed with grated beetroot and all indian spices.
- 200 g taro root (boiled and mashed)
- 3 medium beetroots (grated)
- 1 cup poha (soaked)
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ajwain (carrom seeds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 small mozzarella cheese cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 cup water, to make a thick batter of maida and water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kashmiri chili
- 3 bread, slices finely crumbled
- 1⁄2 liter oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 2 tbsp oil in a pan and put carrom seeds and Asafoetida.
- Add Arbi and spices(red chilly powder,dhania powder, Amchur powder, salt, turmeric powder) and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down. Add grated beetroot, Soaked poha (water should be squeezed out), finely chopped green chillies, ginger to it.
- Knead the mixture properly till all ingredients mix properly.
- Make 15 tikkies out of this mixture. Flatten each tikki and put mozirrella cube in each tikki and again give it the round shape.
- Make maida batter with water, degi mirch and salt.
- Dip each tikki in this batter and roll it in breadcrumbs. Put these tikkis in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Then in medium hot oil, deep fry these tikkis till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Green chatni.