Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Submitted by Thelma Ziemmarmann of Newton, Ks. at the Pillsbury Bake-Off 37 (Dallas,1996) $ 2000.00 winner. This pastry is embedded with nuggets of apricot and pecans. Which makes this gooey warm pull-apart welcome at any breakfast or brunch table. We served this at an afternoon meeting and as usual, we had to pass out copies of the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (I use McCormick)
- 2 (12 ounce) canspillsbury golden layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 12 cup bundt pan or a one-piece 10" tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the biscuits; mix well.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; place in bowl with pecan mixture.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Pour biscuit mixture into buttered pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto serving plate; cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.