Recipe by Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen
Debbie Main, long time friend and high school classmate shared this recipe with me. It is so moist and delicious. Love the apricot flavor!!
Top Review by Georgia Dave
My great-aunt gave this recipe to my mother when I was a little boy and it's been a an old family favorite ever since. Interesting to see all the variations on here, but this recipe is the one that we used with the exception of the added lemon zest, which is a great addition! I'll be adding that going forward for a bit more lemon zing. Super moist, delicious cake and a guaranteed "failsafe" recipe. You can't mess this one up! Love it.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) lemon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup canned apricot nectar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons apricot nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325; Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients into mixing bowl and blend on low speed 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Pour into pan and bake until light brown and it springs back with finger touch: 40-42 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Cool cake 10 minutes. Take long, sharp knife around edges of pan and invert cake onto platter.
- Poke holes in the top with ice pick or skewer.
- Spoon the glaze onto the cake.