Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Debbie Main, long time friend and high school classmate shared this recipe with me. It is so moist and delicious. Love the apricot flavor!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) lemon gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup canned apricot nectar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons apricot nectar
- Heat oven to 325; Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients into mixing bowl and blend on low speed 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Pour into pan and bake until light brown and it springs back with finger touch: 40-42 minutes.
- Prepare glaze.
- Cool cake 10 minutes. Take long, sharp knife around edges of pan and invert cake onto platter.
- Poke holes in the top with ice pick or skewer.
- Spoon the glaze onto the cake.
My great-aunt gave this recipe to my mother when I was a little boy and it's been a an old family favorite ever since. Interesting to see all the variations on here, but this recipe is the one that we used with the exception of the added lemon zest, which is a great addition! I'll be adding that going forward for a bit more lemon zing. Super moist, delicious cake and a guaranteed "failsafe" recipe. You can't mess this one up! Love it.
OUTSTANDING CAKE, this! Made according to the recipe, although I did double the amount of glaze ingredients & then used ALMOST all of that! The combo of lemon & apricot flavors is very nice & the recipe a definite keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]