Recipe by KLHquilts
With all the variants of apricot chicken that appear on Recipezaar, this one doesn't seem to have been posted yet ... I got this from "Your Family Will Love It!", put out by Prevention magazine some time in the mid-1990s. It's my go-to recipe when my oven isn't free (and we don't have access to a grill). Couldn't be easier, and I always have the ingredients in the house. One 4-ounce portion is 4 WW points.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard (I use a homemade Dijon that is VERY spicy)
- 44.37 ml apricot preserves
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 14.79 ml scallion, finely chopped
- 158.51 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large no-stick skillet, combine the water, mustard, preserves, soy sauce, and scallions. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium or medium-low. Gently simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If the sauce becomes too thick while cooking, just add a few more tablespoons of water.