Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple, tasty recipe that tastes great. I prefer pork steaks to pork chops, but I imagine pork chops would work as well if that's what you have. I served them with jasmine rice. Directions are included for both crock pot and stove top cooking. Cook time listed is for crock pot.
- Combine apricot nectar, curry powder, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat and brown pork steaks on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- CROCKPOT OPTION:.
- Dump dried apricots into crock pot and place pork steaks over apricots.
- Pour nectar mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- STOVE TOP OPTION:.
- After meat is browned add dried apricots and nectar mixture to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until meat is tender.