4 hrs 5 mins
A simple, tasty recipe that tastes great. I prefer pork steaks to pork chops, but I imagine pork chops would work as well if that's what you have. I served them with jasmine rice. Directions are included for both crock pot and stove top cooking. Cook time listed is for crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine apricot nectar, curry powder, and garlic powder and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle pork steaks with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat and brown pork steaks on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 4CROCKPOT OPTION:.
- 5Dump dried apricots into crock pot and place pork steaks over apricots.
- 6Pour nectar mixture over pork.
- 7Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- 8STOVE TOP OPTION:.
- 9After meat is browned add dried apricots and nectar mixture to skillet.
- 10Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until meat is tender.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Curry Pork Steaks (Crock Pot or Not)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 48.6 g