Montana Heart Song's Note:
I saw a recipe calling for these three foods stacked together for breakfast.I decided this would be the perfect ingredients for a quick breakfast bread since my family would not find cottage cheese appealing for breakfast.There is plenty of energy producing nutrients in this bread or muffins. I blend the cottage cheese first so it is not lumpy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-bran cereal or 473.18 ml Special K cereal
- 473.18 ml flour
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In medium bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- 3Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in gently.
- 4Add the vanilla and fold in gently.
- 5Preheat oven 375°F.
- 6Spray Pam in glass baking pan or bread pan.
- 7Gently pour and spread into pan.
- 8You can spray Pam in muffin pans and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- 9Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when pressed with a finger tip ans sides start pull away from pan.
- 10Muffins have shorter baking time, when top start to turn brown and the tops springs back when pressed with a finger tip. Do not overbake muffin, they will be chewy.
- 11Note: I prefer to use Special K Cereal, your choice. I have never used the Special K Cereal with the Strawberries in it but I think you could use it along with the apricots.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Cottage Cheese Bran Bread
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 851.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g