Recipe by Sueie
Great served after dinner with coffee, or with a picnic. Great as a gift with home made rum balls at Christmas time. Can be made up to 2 weeks ahead and stored in airtight container in refrigerator.
Top Review by hallett
This is simple and delicious!! I misread the recipe and added the 1/2 cup coconut into the mix and ten rolled the balls in additional cocnut, but worked fine!! Am thinking I should not have made these 4 sleeps before Xmas, might have to make another batch for Xmas day!!!
- 250 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons orange juice, if preferred
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 250 g white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup packaged ground almonds
- 1 cup plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apricots and brandy or orange juice in a bowl, stand for 10 minutes.
- Place cream in a small pan, bring to boil, remove from heat.
- Add white melts, stir until melted.
- Add undrained apricots, almonds and biscuit crumbs; mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm enough to handle.
- Roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into balls, toss in coconut.
- Refrigerate until serving.