Recipe by Romany The Cat
From "The Body Bible" by Pamela Allardice. I have made this once and it worked well as a cleanser, great to use before having a scrub. I found that the granulated lecithen took ages to dissolve so next time i might grind it in a mortar and pestle and see what the results are. This mix goes a long way, I made mine last year and I am still using it.
- 1 tablespoon dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vegetable based glycerine
- 1 tablespoon lecithin granules
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon borax
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apricots in a bowl with boiling water, cover and steep for 30 minutes.
- Place apricot water in a bouble boiler over low heat and stir in glycerine.
- Add lecithin and arrowroot and gently stir until a smooth jelly is formed.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in borax and continue to beat until mix thickens and cools.
- Place in a clean glass jar or bottle.