From Rachael Ray's Sept. '08 "Everyday" magazine, so you know it's savory and simple--all at once. Her recipe called for apricot preserves, but I'm using up MIL's Peach Jam, and we loved it just fine. Also, I used only 2 chicken breast halves (paillard-cut) for four of us and we had leftovers (our chickens are very large!), so adjust the recipe up or down accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high, brush off the grates to remove crusty, gritty stuff.
- 2While that's heating up, bring preserves and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan; lower the heat and simmer until thick and syrupy (7-8 minutes or longer).
- 3While THAT's cooking, drizzle oil over the chicken (on a plate or in a bowl); season with S & P; grill until cooked through (about 6 minutes per side).
- 4Remove chicken from grill to a serving platter, drizzle jam-vinegar mixture over the meat and serve!
- 5We had this with potato wedges baked in foil on the grill.
- 6PLANNED OVERS --
- 7Use any leftovers to make sandwiches for lunch the next day, or cut into bite-size pieces and add to a "grilled chicken" salad. Delicimosio!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot-Balsamic Glazed and Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 58.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g