Recipe by Debber
From Rachael Ray's Sept. '08 "Everyday" magazine, so you know it's savory and simple--all at once. Her recipe called for apricot preserves, but I'm using up MIL's Peach Jam, and we loved it just fine. Also, I used only 2 chicken breast halves (paillard-cut) for four of us and we had leftovers (our chickens are very large!), so adjust the recipe up or down accordingly.
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup cider
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high, brush off the grates to remove crusty, gritty stuff.
- While that's heating up, bring preserves and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan; lower the heat and simmer until thick and syrupy (7-8 minutes or longer).
- While THAT's cooking, drizzle oil over the chicken (on a plate or in a bowl); season with S & P; grill until cooked through (about 6 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from grill to a serving platter, drizzle jam-vinegar mixture over the meat and serve!
- We had this with potato wedges baked in foil on the grill.
- PLANNED OVERS --
- Use any leftovers to make sandwiches for lunch the next day, or cut into bite-size pieces and add to a "grilled chicken" salad. Delicimosio!