1/1 Photo of Apricot and Poppy Seed Jam
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
A simple and delicious combination: fully riped apricots and poppy seeds. To make it fruity I used lime juice and Dr. Oetker's super gelling sugar 1:3. With this gelling sugar you only need 1/3 of the fruit weight to make the jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1After pitting the apricots measure the fruit to make 900 g fruit for jam.
- 2Cut the apicots into small to very small pieces.
- 3Mix apricots and sugar in a suited pot and let stand for about 1 hour.
- 4Bring apricot mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring frequently. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- 5Remove from heat and add lime juice and poppy seeds. Mix.
- 6Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 7NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (then use 450 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot and Poppy Seed Jam
Serving Size: 1 (933 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: